Sealed concrete or steel vaults are to be used with each burial due to water being added to dirt backfill for compaction. No two-piece box to be used. Underground mausoleum grave covers and resting benches to be made of granite material with concrete foundation. All foundations must be formed, ground level.
All grave markers and monuments are lot owners’ responsibility to be set in a wet mixture of crushed rock, sand and Portland cement fifteen inches (15″) deep and formed with no less than a three-inch (3″) border on all four sides. Maximum width for the foundation pad is 36″ per space in all sections of the cemetery. Maximum width for the monument is 30″ per space in all sections of the cemetery. Granite pads may be used. Above ground foot markers will not be allowed. Do not pour a border around grass markers. Ground level markers are allowed. Granite resting benches to be installed in line with monuments. Nothing is to be over burial spaces. All vases and monuments are lot owners’ responsibility. Cemetery Board must approve all markers. Ground level base assembly vases and upright vases are to be install in line with all monuments. No vases to be installed in front or behind grave monument. It is the responsibility of the monument company to remove the wooden forms after the concrete has set.
Floral arrangements, cut or artificial, will be removed as scheduled below:
- First non-rainy, non-Easter Saturday in April — ALL floral arrangements including those in permanent vases
- June 15 — all floral arrangements except those in permanent vases
- First non-rainy, Saturday in October — ALL floral arrangements including those in permanent vases
- Anytime — items judged by management to be unsightly, offensive, weathered, out of compliance with regulations, hazardous, a hindrance to maintenance or inappropriate for a sacred place.
- Please remove any floral arrangements or decorations you wish to keep before the dates posted above.
- Pleasant Valley Cemetery will not be responsible for any decorations placed on graves.
- Personal mementos are allowed at all times provided they do not interfere with lawn maintenance.
- All monuments and vases are lot owner’s responsibility, including maintenance.